TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Headlight fuse keeps blowing
People Seeking Info

Subject Headlight fuse keeps blowing

Posted by Monkeymantenn on November 19, 2023 at 10:16 AM
  This message has been viewed 154 times.

Message I need some help identifying the short that is blowing my clearance illumination fuse. This is the 10A fuse under the dash and it pops every time I turn on my side markers. I have no low beams, fog lights, dash lights, etc. as is typical when this fuse blows. This was my dad’s car that I inherited after he passed. It is now a full blown restoration project. The headlights were working not that long ago. However, I have changed a lot of things, since I last turned them on, so I don’t know exactly what would be causing this issue. I did replace the radio and I know that is a problem for a lot of people. However, I have gone back and triple checked the wires and the illumination wires from the harness are not connected and capped. I really want to try and find this myself before sending the car to the local automotive electrician that charges $175 per hour. I realize this is a short somewhere, but I could really use some advice as to how to track it down. This is definitely not in my wheelhouse, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.